Well, as some of you know, I've been trying since I had Meganne to get back to my goal weight. That's 5 years now!!! Yikes. Today's blog is to vent about my struggle and to beg for some motivation and support. I have been a lifetime member of Weight Watchers for EVER! I know the program works and I've lost weight after the boys and been happy with myself. Why is it such a struggle now? I have no idea. I only have about 25lbs to lose to get to my skinny 142. I love Weight Watchers. I love the way they teach you to eat healthy. I just can't stay motivated this time and I don't get it. Some of my friends are trying the new HCG diet and are swearing by it. I've considered it, but only for about 1 second. I don't believe you should put extra hormones into your body that you don't need just to lose weight. Then once you've lost it all, like most diets (Weight Watchers Excluded) you put the weight back on because it doesn't teach you to eat in moderation, exercise, and make better choices. So, therefore, once you're done with the hormone that causes you to lose the weight, you've learned nothing, you go back to your old habits and you put the weight back on quicker than you took it off. Therefore, with Weight Watchers, they teach you how to eat healthy, eat in moderation and exercise. They teach all this to you so you can make good choices once you've lost the weight and therefore keep it off. I was very successful with this twice. Then I got pregnant the 3rd time, lost the motivation to eat healthy and exercise and the rest is history. So, how can I get motivated again? I have no idea. I keep going to meetings, though I'm guilty of missing 3 weeks in a row due to sick kids being home from school, and I still cant stop eating crap! It's not like I'm eating fast food every day, Yuck! It's the cookies, candy and crap that lay around the house. It's all very frustrating. So, people, I come to you to please help me with this journey, and give me some motivation! Please don't tell me you've looked at my photos from facebook and you don't think I need to lose weight. I do, but only 25lbs. It should be easy, so why is it so hard now? I don't get it. HELP!
Here are a few photos...the first is the most recent of me when I ran a 5k in Oct.
And this one is me at 142 After I had Alexander. I see a HUGE difference! Love this photo and hopefully one day I'll be there again.


Hey--do you read "hungry girl" and watch her show on Cooking channel? It's really a great source. She teaches you how to swap out the bad stuff for things that are just as satisfying. And, whatever happened to your pumpkin cookies you ate on WW in the past? The chocolate graham/reddi whip frozen sandwiches? You can totally do this--you have before and you are a very determined person.
ReplyDeleteI've Heard of Hungry Girl. I didn't know she had a TV show though. Weight Watchers talks about her website all the time. I forgot about the reddi whip frozen sandwiches. I'll have to do that again. The pumpkin cookies were good too. I just need to look up the new points for those on the website. Thanks for the Encouragement!
ReplyDelete