So I was thinking all day today about what I was going to blog about. I even thought of skipping it because I couldn't come up with a good topic. Well, the opportunity came just a few minutes ago when Andrew came crying into our room as we were watching Mad Men.
Here's a short history...I took up crocheting about a year ago, and for Christmas I made him a Mario doll. This kid is obsessed with Mario. Well, when we went to Zion last week he forgot to bring Mario with him. He sleeps with Mario every night along with a Madame Alexander baby and a small teddy bear. SO, he comes into our room tonight hysterical. He says "He can't sleep because he's soooo sad because he forgot to take Mario to Zion with us and he didn't get to see Zion and he's never been to a hotel with us. He tried showing Mario the Zion book he bought with his own money, but it didn't help."
Needless to say, Stephen and I just couldn't help ourselves, we burst out in a fit of the giggles, which was most likely the WRONG thing to do when our child is having a crisis. We just couldn't help it. We tried to cover our tracks by telling him he was such a sweet and caring child and that we loved him very much. We assured him it wouldn't be our last trip to Zion and that next time he could make sure to bring Mario. We also assured him it wouldn't be our only trip where we got to stay in a hotel. I also snuggled him and showed him all the photos we took in Zion as they were loaded on our computer.
What can I say. It was the best thing that happened today. My kids never cease to amaze me. Especially when they say the darndest things when you least expect it.
No comments:
Post a Comment