Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Knew you Could

Given all the trials and tribulations of my life as of late, I had an inspiration for my blog today. Tonight I read a train book to Meganne. It's been one of my favorites for some time. It used to belong to Andrew, but since he's reading chapter books now, I gave it to Meganne. It's a book called I Knew You Could written by Craig Dorfman. I hope this book inspires someone today as it did me...

I knew you could! And you knew it too-
That you'd come out on top after all you've been through.
And from here you'll go farther and see brand-new sights.
You'll face brand-new hills that rise to new heights.

I wish I could show you the stops that you'll visit,
But that isn't my choice to make for you now, is it?
Instead, I can tell you some lessons and tales
That I've learned an drelearned in my time on the rails.

First of all, you must find your own track,
So you can start right away and not be held back.
But which track is yours? Well, that all depends
On which way it's going and where it might end.

And then it goes on to talk about the journey you make as a train and all the people you see, that you might want to be a car or a plane instead of a train, but in the end you are happy with who you are and you need to enjoy the track you have chosen. It's an awesome book. I suggest it to everyone who has kids and even if you don't, sneak  into the kids section of the bookstore or library and read it yourself. It's awesomely inspiring. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment