Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

Motivation

Motivation means, according to Mirriam Webster,
1
a : the act or process of motivating b : the condition of being motivated
2
: a motivating force, stimulus, or influence 

Why is motivation my topic for the day? Well, because I still struggle to lose 25lbs. I have some motivating things going on in my life that I'd like to look good for, like my 20 year high school reunion and this summer I'd like to wear a bikini again, but somehow that doesn't seem to be enough. Every day is a struggle. Like today for instance, I decided it would be a good idea to eat a candy bar with peanut butter for desert from lunch because I was craving chocolate. My excuse was, tomorrow is fat Tuesday and I'm giving up sweets for lent with the only exception being Andrew's birthday because I ordered him cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes (the source of the TLC show DC Cupcakes) and I really want to try one. So, I gave myself the go ahead to eat something I didn't need today because I knew I wasn't going to get sweets again till Easter. This happens to me daily, and then I wonder why I'm still hanging on to the 25lbs. I really need to break out my Weight Watchers Cookbooks and make some Weight Watcher's friendly deserts, after Lent of course. I also want to start P90X. I had every excuse in the book not to work out today. So, people, some words of wisdom and some motivation would be helpful! I know I can  do it, I just need to find the way and the will. 

5 comments:

  1. I know a few people on P90, and they all seem to be enjoying it.

    Personally, I find that systemic changes are easier than catastrophic ones. By which I mean "I need to lose 25 lbs, here's how I can do that in N weeks" is a less effective overall weight management strategy than, "I want to lose weight this year, here's how I can drop my caloric intake by 15% a day, on average". In other words, rather than diet (which yo-yos your metabolism), set smaller goals and longer time frames and adjust your average intake for that.

    But I'm a guy, and men have different biological responses to diet changes (part of which is due to the fact that we just haul around more base body weight than women do, on average).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Stacy!!! You are strong and wonderful woman. :)

    I tried the P90X, It was super hard, and I can't seem to stay motivated for long, so it didn't really work for me. I tried it for a month, and didn't lose much. My sister is currently trying it. She loves it and seems to be doing well. So if you can stay motivated, you'll do good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzie, did she do the nutrition plan too? And which of the 3 did she do? The classic, Doubles or lean?

    I plan to just stick with Weight Watchers as I exercise and I'm gonna do the lean plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister doesn't follow the eating plan with the p90x, but she is doing the classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzie, I'm only doing the lean calendar. But according to one of the tapes it mentioned that if you're doing lean this should be your 2nd workout. So, apparently I'm doing it wrong. Cuz I'm only doing one workout a day. I didn't print out the paperwork, cuZ I got the DVD's and a CD of the books from a friend. But it will burn to much ink to print, so I haven't yet. Has your sister lost any weight?

    ReplyDelete