For those of you who know me you know one of my favorite bands is Metallica. I've loved them since High School. Therefore I play it often in my car and both of my boys have Metallica songs, of their own choice, on their Ipods. Suffice it to say my love for Metallica is definitely rubbing off on them. Andrew looks forward to his drive to school every morning because KOMP plays morning Metallica at 7am. So this starts his day off on the right foot every day.
Andrew is taking Drum lessons, and yes this has to do with Metallica. Well, one of his drumming inspirations is Lars Ulrich from Metallica. So, tonight I took him to his lesson. When it was over I was talking to his instructor about his progress. He told me he could tell Andrew had been practicing. I said, yes, and he's quite enjoying drumming along with his I pod. So, Andrew piped up with , "Yeah, I want to go turn on the next Metallica song on my Ipod and practice on the way home." His instructor told him that it was a good group to practice with. Here's the rest of the conversation between Andrew and me...
Andrew "Yeah, the best drummer ever comes from Metallica."
Me, "Really?"
Andrew "Yeah, the best adult drummer anyway. I'M the best KID drummer."
LOL, I couldn't believe it. But then again I can. This is the kid who told me he was the best on the team in baseball when he was 4. He's also been known to tell me he's the best 7 year old bowler. So, it shouldn't be a surprise to me that he thinks he's the best kid drummer. Keep in mind he does have talent, but he's only been taking lessons for a couple months now. It just made me laugh. I'm happy I've been able to instill in my kids some self esteem, since that's been a huge struggle for myself. I'm also happy that I can find joy and laughter when my kids say something cute like that. And lastly, I'm happy that my kids like my music!
No comments:
Post a Comment