Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Jesus is within him

Saturday was a remarkable day in our family. My little Andrew received his first Holy Communion. He wore his brother's suit, which fit him perfectly, thank GOD! He had been looking forward to it all week and was sooooo excited when Saturday finally came. It truly touched my heart to see him receive communion for the first time and to know he'd really wanted to do it. But I have to say, the best part wasn't the mass. I know, you'd think it was, but really, it wasn't. The best part was after the mass was over and we drove home together, just him and me (because Stephen and the rest of the family had to get the BBQ party started) and we talked about what had just happened. I told him that I was so excited and happy for him and I told him congratulations. He said to me, "I'm so happy because this was the best time of my life and I'm Soooooooo happy!" I just wanted to cry. I think he compared it to other important events in his life, but this one was the best of all of them. I also think I asked him why he was so happy and he told me it was because it was the first time he got to receive communion and he was so happy that he finally got to receive Jesus in his body. Really, it was a tear jerking moment! The next day was also very special to me, not only because it was Mother's day, but because I was scheduled to be a Eucharistic Minister for mass AND  I got to serve the body of Christ to my wonderful, beautiful 8 year old son. He was happy, I later found out, that it was ME that got to serve him. What an honor it was to give him the body of Christ the second time he got to receive it. Anyway, that was truly the best Mother's day gift I could have gotten, to see my son receive communion for the first time and then get to serve him myself. I don't think I'll ever forget this weekend for as long as I live!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment