So as I sit here in front of my laptop I can't help but think about all the changes we've gone through in the past 12 months. Some are good, some are bad. I've lost some very good friends, my kids are growing up and finished their pre-k, second grade, and 7th grade years. My daughter has lost her first tooth. My 13 year old is beginning puberty (ugh.) My 8 year old is gaining leaps and bounds on the drums. My husband turned 40 and coincidentally got laid off on the same day. We face the unknown in careers for the second time in our marriage. He has an interview in Northern CA that may or may not lead to anything. Some really good friends are moving to Hawaii and we will miss them tremendously. And the list goes on and on. It's hard to believe, sometimes, how life can throw you some really terrible curve balls. But I also can't help but think how lucky I am to have the wonderful husband and children I have. I worry about what's to come, but at the same time I know and I have faith that the Lord has our back. He will provide for us like he always does. We may have some bumps and bruises along the way, but I know we will survive.
I will miss my 5 year old being in Pre-K and the cute things she brought home to me this year. On the other hand, she will bring home equally cute things from Kindergarten. I will miss my 8 year old being in the best number at the Christmas Pageant this year, but there will be another Christmas pageant and I will be just as proud. I will miss my 13 year old's "baby" years as he now enters the realm of adulthood. I know our relationship will change as he grows older, but he will still always be my first baby. And, if my hubby gets a job in Northern CA, I will miss our life here in Vegas, but I know there will be great things to come no matter where we end up.
No comments:
Post a Comment