Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

The Drive

So we took a 2 day drive to Oroville, CA and back so that Stephen could go to a job interview for General Services for Butte County. The drive was interesting to say the least. I got to see parts of California I had never seen before. Namely the Imperial Valley. I have never seen so much farmland in my life. And 8 HOURS of it! Now I see why California alone can feed the world. Geez! As for Oroville, it was a cute, old little town. The houses were cool and the ones I saw were built in probably the early 1900's. It was very green there, which is much the opposite of Vegas. I kinda fell in love with the place. However, it's not looking too promising that Stephen will get the job. :( He got a 77% on his Oral exam and it placed him in the 5th group of second interviews. We think the Environmental Engineering question probably hurt him and the fact that he wasn't hispanic, a woman or a veteran probably docked some points as well. So, he's driven to fill out more online apps, get his own business off the ground and get involved in the part time job he was offered by a company here in Vegas. So, we'll see what the near future brings! I have faith, still, that God will lead us in the right direction and lead the right job to Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment